Thousands of northeast Kansas kids and families will benefit from $163,065 in grants awarded to Family Service & Guidance Center programs and services.
“It’s very gratifying to be able to help meet client and agency needs in a substantial way,” said Brenda Mills, FSGC chief executive officer and president of the FSGC Foundation. “We’re fortunate to be able to award funding to staff members and programs so that they can continue to innovate and grow.”
The Foundation’s board of trustees met on September 18 to review applications and made the following grant awards:
- Early Childhood Intervention Program, $8,500. ECIP staff will continue to provide consultation to the on-site childcare facility at Highland Park High School through the end of the 2018-19 school year.
- Early Childhood Intervention Program and Youth Development Program, $4,200. The grant will enable the programs to install video players and monitors in the six larger FSGC buses so children can watch educational videos while being transported.
- Autism Program, $15,150. This funding will allow for specialized training for parents of children who have been diagnosed with autism who are either on a wait list for treatment or whose children are older than FSGC’s program currently serves.
- Case Management, $10,000. The grant will cover the cost of parent support services for parents of clients who do not have a source to pay.
- Management/Leadership Team, $14,395. Funding will cover the licensing costs of a Joint Commission Accreditation as a center of excellence.
- Crisis Resolution Program, $6,996. CRP will purchase two electronic whiteboards. This includes two 55” monitors, rolling stands and whiteboard software to use for client and staff tracking.
- Early Childhood Intervention Program, $24,000. This grant will allow the needed remodeling of three de-escalation rooms.
- The Wellness Committee and Middle Management Academy, $4,500. Funding will pay to equipping a staff Fitness Room.
- FSGC Leadership Team, $40,000. Funding will cover the investment in professional facilitation of a comprehensive strategic planning process.
- Training & Education Program, $15,324.56. Training & Education will be able to continue providing parenting classes at no cost to the participants.